Rumble In The South [EP] Review

artist: The Wedding date: 06/05/2006 category: compact discs
The Wedding: Rumble In The South [EP]
Release Date: 2005
Genres: Rock
The Wedding molds pop/punk and rock with screamo to create a unique EP and it will be exciting to hear their progression in style in their next release.
 9.6
 9.3
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Rumble In The South [EP] Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 05, 2006

Sound: The Wedding is a rock 'n' roll band and this cd proves it. It starts out with a song called Southside which has some great guitar work in it. It starts with a steady rock intro. After a little pause Clint starts working the drum magic. It ends with a great outro of guitar solo's and punk rock hey's. Rebound is the heavy song on this EP. Starts out with two long chords and then goes into a nice heavy riff to finish the intro. Verses have some amazingly technical guitar and is a great listen. The breakdown is awesome when Kevin sings over Cody's screaming. Ode to Fayetteville is a great punk song. Starts out with a nice guitar riff and goes right into the first verse. The high notes right before the chorus fit in really well. The two acoustic songs sound good, but I still like the band versions better. // 9

Lyrics: Kevin Kiehn is a great lyric writer. He has a way to incorporate a second line with Cody Driggers singing behind him (wake the regiment for example). They have an entire song dedicated to their hometown of Fayetteville that has some great bands from Fayetteville in it. My favorite line is in the breakdown of Rebound "The mother that stayed made a sacrifice so the family was loved putting herself aside but it always seemed that part of her died". // 10

Overall Impression: What I like most about this EP is that the songs are different. Southside is a slow song but still has a good punk feel. Rebound is one of their heavier songs, kind of going along with Wake the Regiment. Ode to Fayetteville is a great punk song going along with 479 HxC and Song for the Broken. I would definetly buy it again if I lost it, not only are the songs great, but it's only 5 bucks. // 9

Comments