Elephant review by The White Stripes

• Released: Mar 19, 2003
The White Stripes: Elephant

What Can You say! Imense, the ablum was jusdt made by jack and meg white. The range of sounds Jack gets out of a single guitar is amazing. The songs alough simple are mostly enerjetic and catchy. It ranges from the pop rock of seven nation army to the hard core led zepplin stylings of black math to the ballad of in the cold cold night. All just with one drum kit, and just one guitar. The album is a real guitar album and dosent really have a low point, there is dare i say it something for everyone.

The lyrics of the white stripes album arent its strong point. Well that is there problem they lack a point. There are some great songs like little acorns, I want to be the boy to warm you're mothers heart and well its true that we love one another with a good message. But the rest seem to be really random. Jacks voice is solid nothing particulary specail, but still puts a smile on you're face. Meg also steps upto the mike for her vocal debut in "In the cold cold night" and blows us away.

This album is unique and cant really be matched, mabey only compared with Led zepplin. The album does have so many good songs to list, Girl you have no faith in medicine is a favorite of mine. I love the range of styles and nosies you get out of the album and ther smile it puts on you're face. It is a must buy of the year and recomemend to everyone you loved seven nation army. This is the Stripes 4th Album and the best yet, BUY IT. You may now look at the review score and think it dosent suit, its not perfect buy any means but the smile it still puts on my face is immense.