Elephant review by The White Stripes

• Released: Mar 19, 2003
The White Stripes: Elephant

I liked how the sound was so diverse throughout the cd. You could have the distortion and solos in songs like 'Ball And Bisquit' and a heart-felt piano ballad in 'I Want To Be The Boy To Warm Your Mother's Heart' Meg also sang for the first time on this cd, in the very simple yet very enjoyable 'Cold, cold night'.

The lyrics are absouloutly wonderful. They match the music perfectly and are so original. I thought describing someone as 'The Hardest Button To Button' was a perfect analogy. Jack White has his own unique style of writing and expressing himself, and what he sings about many people can relate to (like wanting to be able to 'Hypnotize' someoneby talking to them) that can be heard throughout the cd.

Compared to the rest of the White Stripes albums. I belive this one has the widest range of lyrical stylings and musical genres. Each and every song is diffrent. The songs I found to be my favorites on Elephant we're, 'Ball And Bisquit', 'The Hardest Button To Button' 'Theres No Home For You Here' and 'Hypnotize' and 'Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine'. I don't know if I really hate anything on this whole album, except I think Meg should sing more. She only had a single song to herself and it would of been interesting to hear her sing more. If it was stolen I would definatley replace it, so off course it is worth buying. All in all, if you don't have 'Elephant' you are missing out and should go buy it!