Elephant review by The White Stripes

• Released: Mar 19, 2003
The White Stripes: Elephant

I love The White Stripes. The sound of Jack White's guitar and Meg's drums just sends you into alternative heaven. The solos are a little unorthodox, but they completely fit into the mood this cd will put you in. I think The White Stripes' ability to make an album this great without using computers is pheonominal. Jack White's guitar: fits every mood of every song. Meg White's drums: perfected to a point of simplicity.

Many people will say that the lyrics are random, but that is because they hear and don't listen to the lyrics. If you listen to the lyrics, take them in and think about the meaning of them, then you will understand that the words aren't random at all, but they make absolute sense. I think any band's ability to make you sit and think about their songs is a damn good band. Also, people will complain about Jack White's high and sometimes "annoying" tone he adds. Well, if you will listen to his guitar solos, aren't they just as "shrill" and "annoying" as his voice? I think Jack White's voice totally fits into the attitude the White Strips give you.

This album is my favorite album of all time. It really doesn't compare to anything else, except for other White Stripes albums. This cd is definitly a must buy for anyone who likes garage rock, alternative, blues rock and indie, although this cd has a little something for everyone on it. My favorite songs are "Girl You Have No Faith In Medicine," "Hardest Button To Button," "You've Got Her In Your Pocket" and "Black Math." Best cd ever made.