Elephant review by The White Stripes

• Released: Mar 19, 2003
The White Stripes: Elephant

My impression of the White Stripes was so supprising in a brilliant way and the quality and sound of the guitar when I first heard Jack play I thought to myself, wow and the music sounds brilliant also. The story of the White Stripes was quite shocking to me aswell, I mean the fact that there is only two people in the band, a brother and his sister and when I heard the first album (The White Stripes) I knew I needed to hear them all and so I did and the album 'Elephant' I liked the most! I also like the styles he uses, but not just with his guitar such as in the song 'Apple Blossom' he starts off using the key board and then quickly jumps to his guitar, it amazes me, I wish I could do that.

The lyrics are great aswell because in a song, who would use the lyrics 'be like the squril girl' and another line that supprized me was 'a seven nation army couldn't hold me back' and Seven Nation Army was like my best White Stripes song. The music fits together in a good way also I think because in the song 'Cold Cold Night' it is quite quiet but meaningful music and fits in perfectly with the song. Jack white has some skill and I would do anything to be able to sing like he does. The first song I learnt to sing fully with no mistakes was 'Seven Nation Army' The tone of his voice is the best because in each song its like he trys to put on a different expression or something on the lines of that.

The White Stripes definatley one of my favourite bands and has its own stle which not alot of bands could have and as I mentioned my most impressive songs of the album are Seven Nation Army aswell as The Hardest Button To Button. Jack couldn't of done it without any bass, thats were Meg came in, she is brilliant at playing the drums but I don't really like that, actualy there is nothing not to like about the white stripes if you think about it. If my white stripes CD was stolen or lost, I would buy it again without a doubt and if I didn't, I would either get Nirvana or a different White Stripes CD.