Elephant review by The White Stripes

• Released: Mar 19, 2003
The White Stripes: Elephant

Once again the White Stripes have took their music to a whole other level. This is truly a one of a kind album, and probably my favorite White Stripes album. There is definitely a mixture of sounds coming from this CD. Jack can easily go from Blues/Rock to paino to Country in no time at all. Jack also shows us what he can really do on that guitar of his in the song "Ball and Biscuit". This is a really blusy sounding song that includes three remarkable guitar solos. Jack shows how creative he is with his lead gutiar abilities by not just running his fingers through a scale at a fast pace. Instead he just simply plays the solos with pure emotion. Jack also uses a pitch shifter to create really high pitch notes which gives the solos a very unique sound. There are songs on this album where there's just Jack and an acoustic gutiar and songs where there's mainly just piano.

The lyrics on this album were pretty awesome. In some songs I really didn't catch the meaning, but it definitely didn't take away from the song. Jacks singing was really good as usual. But I was suprised to find that Meg had sang some songs on this album. Meg sung "In the Cold, Cold Night" with just her and a gutiar. She also took part in a Country sounding song called "It's True That We Love One Another". Megs vocals to me seemed to be a bit dry and plain, but I did enjoy the songs she sung in.

Like I said this is probably my favorite White Stripes album. Well it's definitely between this CD and "Get Behind Me Satan". Anyway, there was not one song I didn't like on this whole album. Some of the greatest White Stripes songs are found on this CD. If it were ever lost or stolen I buy again.

Robbertto
    What a great album, a classic. Definitely my favorite Stripes album. Seven Nation Army, Ball and Biscuit, Don't Know What to Do With Myself, There's No Home For You Here, Cold Cold Night, Hypnotize, etc. etc. etc.!!! Every song is a gem, and the whole album flows perfectly. This, to me, is the most well put together album that the Stripes have released, no two songs on the album sound like eachother, nor do they sound similar to any other song on the other albums they've released. It's just great.. I recommend it to anyone who loves different music from the mainstream, or anyone who loves classic rock bands such as Zeppelin. It has always and will forever be one of my favorite albums. 10/10
    hawkdude9
    great band, but the drums annoy me to no end. i dont care if they were married...get a real drummer.