Elephant review by The White Stripes

• Released: Mar 19, 2003
The White Stripes: Elephant

This band is the reason why I got into rock because they have one of the most unique and best sounds ever. This is possibly their most successful album and definitely their most revolutionary. These guys are really good for a two man band and incredibly talented. I love songs like we will be friends and seven nation army the hardest button to button is really good as well. These guys are incredible and I love them the reason why I listen to what I do today pretty much. Overall their sound can get a bit over the top at times but is still awesome.

The lyric's are very punky such as "I had brain that felt like pancake batter." and "I have a back yard with nothing in it its just stick a dog and box of something in it." Most people will say these mean nothing but if you understand music like this they do mean something and you will get it. The compliance o these lyrics with the music is pretty good to be completely honest, the lyrics fit in with the whole "I don't care about what anyone else thinks." Rock spirit that these guys strongly suggest through there lyrics. Jack White is a talented musician, song writer and singer is voice fits in with this style really well and does a great job at showmanship.

This is a one of a kind album it can't be compared to anything else and is a very revolutionary album for the White Stripes and the only one of its kind they produced. The best song is probably "The hardest button to button" it is a really nice punk rock sound. I love this album for its attitude which is a "I don't care about what anyone else thinks." kind of attitude. The only thing that I don't like is that some times it can get a bit over the top at times but that happens with every band at least once. If it was lost I would be so so so pi$$ed off and would defined re buy it as quick as possible. This is definitely my favourite album by The White Stripes. Over all brilliant album.