Elephant review by The White Stripes

• Released: Mar 19, 2003
The White Stripes: Elephant

You've got everything here, you have some deep rock-blues sound ("Ball And Biscuit"), you have a true rock anthem (I'm referring obviously to "Seven Nation Army"), there are also very deep "serenades", if you know what I mean (I can't quite explain it). If you are looking for it, it's probably here. Jack White's skills are shown here at its peak, so far (2003). Meg White doesn't disappoints us too, with a consistent drum beat and some surprising vocals ("In The Cold, Cold Night").

For the ones who don't know, this is a conceptual CD, which means the songs are connected by a story. If you listen carefully to the whole CD, you can easily understand what I'm talking about. It's about a love story and the wholes "steps" you get through when you're living one (at least that's my theory, if you have another one please share it). I would, but I just don't have the time or patience to explain it song y song, please think about it. "Singer skills?" seriously? We're talking about Jack White! Please do not underestimate him, ever!

So with some collaborations from other artists, The White Stripes accomplished something, that usually only gets accomplished once in a life time. One of the best albums ever, made by one of the best bands ever. I really can't rate it under 10. Greetings from Portugal.