Get Behind Me Satan review by The White Stripes

• Released: Jun 6, 2005
The White Stripes: Get Behind Me Satan

Great sound, expanding on the blues formula that has made them popular and moving back to their country/folk routes. Acoustic songs with occasions of pounding drum and guitar to blues songs like Ball And A Biscuit, I think you'll be impressed. Only three tracks on this album features electric guitar the other ten are acoustic, piano, keyboard and marimbo. I personally think that the album benefits from this greatly, this makes the album alot more diverse and interesting from their other albums.

Back to the high voice of De Stijl and Red Blood Cells. Great! A rather disturbing song by Meg White moving back into the world of incest that is synonimous with this band 'Women, you need to know the difference between a father and a lover.' Lyrics are very clever and interesting, from the repeated use of the words 'get with it' in each stanza of insticnt blues to the almost rapping on 'My Doorbell' and whispering on 'The Nurse' make these lyrics the best yet.

Takes a listen through once to absorb the variety of the songs, but I guarantee you will want to listen to it again. There's not a band song in the whole bunch, excellent!