Get Behind Me Satan review by The White Stripes

• Released: Jun 6, 2005
The White Stripes: Get Behind Me Satan

The reason I love this album so much is because of its ability to create a perfect balence between, the old beautiful blues and this new but equaly brilliant sound the Stripes have discovered. It also is a great showcase for Jack's ability as not only one of the most amazing guirtarists to grace this earth, but simply as an all round musision and for Meg to continue to shine with her beautifly instintive drum beats.

The lyricing in Get Behind Me Satin also shines; I personly feel that this album far outshines the rest in this respect, with only really White Bl00d Cells as a contender. Just to mention a few: Insinct Blues - fantastic lyrics, they really propell this track along. The Nurse - now this, I'm sorry, was fantastic. Even without the lyrics this song is chilling and compelling, with them you get this fantastic sence of paranoia and distrust, amazing. My Doorbell - also fantastic - particually the line "I don't need any of your pity I've got plenty of my own friends now, their all above me." And the sunnden change after from "When you gonna ring it?" to "When they gonna ring it?"

With all the terrible reviews this album has recieved I was more than a little aprehensive as I pressed the play button for the very first time. How misplaced this aprehension was. Get Behind Me Satan was in one word Genious. It proved that the Stripes certainly haven't peaked yet.