Get Behind Me Satan review by The White Stripes

• Released: Jun 6, 2005
The White Stripes: Get Behind Me Satan

Jack and Meg have not changed their style of music but still have added new elements to this album. Jack has improved the stripes by using pop to attract more fans which songs include My Doorbell, Forever Be Free and The Denial Twist which in my opinion sounds great. Jack seems to regain his higher pitched voice which he uses in the chourus of Red Rain and in Blue Orchid. Meg needs to improve after a not so good Pain Manipulation. Her vocals are terrible and that song sounds very effortless. Jack's Guitar skills is the only positive in the album plus his piano riffs in My Doorbell. My fav songs are Forever For Her, Red Rain and Instinct Blues due to the blues guitaring in Instinct Blues the garage guitaring in Red Rain and the lyrics of Forever For Her wins me over. Jack is the only inspiration in the album but Meg will face a lot of critisim due to her efortless druming.

The lyrics really are touching, meaningful and catchy. Jack sings them in the style of the song and his high pitched voice in Blue Orchid were fantastic. And in Red Rain were the rise and fall it really is smart work by Jack. The Forever For Her song really touches me due to its a pop and a love song and this song in my opinion will win The Stripes some new fans due to the meaning.

Well this album does compare with the album of The Stripes like White Blooded Cells and Elephant but to make Get Behind Me Satan really succsesful it will require a good song that compares with the two albums I introduced. On White Blooded Cells there is Hotel Yorba and on Elephant there is Seven Nation Army which have a good rhythym but The Stripes need to have released at least three good songs to win over the other albums. The most impressive songs on Satan is Blue Orchid due to its quick and catchy guitar riff, The Nurse due to its distinctiveness and the meaning, My Doorbell due to its facinating piano riff and a catchy chorus, Forever For Her due to the elements of different instruments and its meaning, Instinct Blues due to its guitaring by Jack and Red Rain due to the rock and alternitive guitaring. Very impressive album.