Get Behind Me Satan review by The White Stripes

• Released: Jun 6, 2005
The White Stripes: Get Behind Me Satan

This album is completely different from the White Stripes last album Elephant (which, by the way is awsome). The first song is the first release Blue Orchid. This song is very different to the rest of the album so do not buy it if you want a rock album. I find the style of the album hard to describe but I will give it a go. It is different. Very different. Many more instruments are used instead of the normal guitar, drumbs and bass. a xylophone, piano and many more instruments are used throughout the album, which makes it totally different to anything I have heard in a long time. Despite being a rocker myself I can still apreciate this album as a masterpiece by Mr White and hope they continue it because it is fun and funny.

Most of the lyrics of the album are whitty and I find myself chuckeling to them while I listen. In one of the songs, Jack sings 'Take back what you said little girl, and while you're at it take yourself back too'. This is a typical example of the genius of many of the lyrics. Jack has fused them together with the music to create a superbly wonderful masterpiece of an album. the song Little ghost is one of the best lyrical songs as it takes an idea of a boy abd a ghost, then turns it on its head by making it into a love story.

Many people have said Jack White is a master of easy riffs and that he is tallentless. In this album he showed every single person who said or thought that he isnt as bad as people think. in fact I would say that he is very tallented, and if you don't believe me, buy the album and find out yourself. You won't believe you ears. It is very hard to compare this album with any other stripes album as it is such a change to their usual style.