Get Behind Me Satan review by The White Stripes

• Released: Jun 6, 2005
The White Stripes: Get Behind Me Satan

The sound for this album is excellent. You can hear each instrument really well. The sound is defenately different to all of the previous White Stripes albums as they have tried something new with this album, in the sense that, first of the instruments used by Jack White are not your usual electric distorted guitar, but piano, banjo and more acoustic sounds, which I think he pulls of extremly well.

Jack's voice once again is outstanding on this album. And again he has tried something new, by in songs such as Blue Orchid going slightly higher. The lyrics are very well written and can stick in your head for days.

On the first day I got this album, it was nothing at all that I expected. I was expecting distorted guitars, heavy drums and etc... but that wasnt to be. My favourite songs on this great album are probably Blue Orchid, Take, Take, Take, My Doorbell, Denial Twist and Instinct Blues. This album defenatly grows on you the second listning and is well worth your money. If this album was to get stolen I would buy it again straight away.