Get Behind Me Satan review by The White Stripes

• Released: Jun 6, 2005
The White Stripes: Get Behind Me Satan

This album departed from the guitar driven garage rock to a piano heavy album. The band still keeps the White Stripes vibe and actually puts out a strong album. Many people think that Jack White decided just to put a lot of piano on the album. But it only shows up frequentley because he had a piano in his living room and wrote a lot on it. This album goes from the guitar heavy rock with "Blue Orchid" and "Instinct Blues" to songs with marimba, piano and zylaphone (misspelled) like "The Nurse" and the "The Denial Twist". The songs "White Moon" and "The Nurse" were probably the low points of the album.

Jacks lyrics are always intresting even though sometimes hard to interpret. But it's always fun to try to figure out what he means by them and for some reason it never becomes frustrating. The lyrics fit almost every song good "My Doorbell", "Little Ghost" and "I'm lonely (but I aint that lonely yet" mix the music and lyrics pefectley together. I think his skills as a singer are good but take some getting used to kinda like geddy lee of rush. But there always solid and the song passive manipulation sang by meg white is strangely intriguing.

This album stands up to all there albums besides elephant and maybe icky thump it really depends what kinda mood your in. "My Doorbell," "The Denial Twist" 'Forever for her (Is over For Me" and "Blue Orchid" are the high points of this 13 song record. I loved how they departed from there straight garage rock but still retained the white stripes vibe while also making a very solid album. There wasn't really anything to hate about this album except if you bought it unknowing it wasn't like there other records. I would buy this album again if it was lost or stolen.

samisabig1
    are u all insane? i thought this was by far their worst album yet. its just so bland. i duno maybe its just me but this is the first stripes album i bought and it nearly put me off them entirely