Icky Thump review by The White Stripes

• Released: Jun 19, 2007
The White Stripes: Icky Thump

First off the white stripes overrall sound in this song is incredible. Jack white is always coming up with incredible guitar riffs that astound me when I hear them because I wonder how he came up with them. This song is influenced by blues like most of his songs and those losers that didn't like 2005's Get behind me Satan, will hopefully enjoy this song. Like most of their songs the drumwork is basic but still right on time. If the rest of their upcoming album sounds anything like this song, it will be one of their best.

Jacks vocals in this song are high pitched and sung quickly. The lyrics are apparently about accepting illegals aliens from mexico and treating them equally, a message that I do not agree with, but the lyrics are put together nicely and on time so I still love it.

Overall, this song is one of their best and I look forward to reviewing the whole album when it comes out. I like the fact that they're sticking to their blues roots, yet trying new heavier sounds at the same time. I think there new album is going to be as successful as 2002's elephant if not more.

Pittman
    Who cant like white stripes.Im buying this album the day it comes out.
    stevenolan37
    OK, this might be the worst song I've ever heard. And I'm not against the White Stripes in any way, I've liked a lot of their stuff and love the Raconteurs. There was just so much sh*ttiness about this song...I couldn't believe it. The crappy, repetitive guitar solo, the random banging on a synth, I really hate this song.
    slann101
    oh man i love this song.so much i bought both vinyls and the cd - god im sad. but it is amazing in every catergory 11 out of 10.