Icky Thump review by The White Stripes

• Released: Jun 19, 2007
The White Stripes: Icky Thump

Amazing tone and effects. Completely addictive, you can't stop listening to it! The band have really thought about every song, especially 'Rag and Bone', a simple, yet very affective song, with comedy, and brilliant lyrics. There is one problem with the quality of the recording, if you listen closely, but that, basically is it. There is barely any repitition in the whole album, Jack and Mag have really taken their time on Icky Thump.

Brilliantly thought out and really fit with the song. I've listened to the songs so many times that I know all the lyrics Jack and Meg have started to sing together more on the album, and it makes it brilliant. I don't know what else to say about the lyrics on this album, just well done!

If someone stole it, I would kill them, take it back, kick the persons' gravestone, buy a new one if I couldn't find it, then lock it up in a safe within a safe within a safe! Anyway, back to the point. My favourite songs on the album are 'Rag and Bone', 'Icky Thump', and 'Slowly Turning Into You'. Icky Thump is the best song on the album, standing out as a different style from the rest. This album rocks! If you haven't already bought it, shame!

8th_Nation
    all I have to say, is DAMN, Jack, you've done a fine job. gotta get worse (GBMS) before it gets better, Icky Thump. Who'd a thunk? ;p
    8th_Nation
    oh, and by the way, this album is so much better when played through A very loud Stereo, on Vinyl. just like Elephant. if you don't know what Vinyl Records are, Shame, Shame, Shame.