Under Blackpool Lights [DVD] review by The White Stripes

• Released: Dec 7, 2004
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 8
The White Stripes: Under Blackpool Lights [DVD]

If you've heard the stripes before it sounds just like the unique sound only Jack and Meg can create. Jack's guitar is really good and some of the solos he does are very original. It has a unique sound like all White Stripes things even though it is unique ut sounds very good.

Content — 8
It is a live concert from Blackpool, England. It has no special features which really aren't needed with the great concert. The set list consists of several Stripes' hits also along with songs that are great and possibly better than the big hits, that you don't hear on the radio as often. They also play one of the Soledad brothers songs called "Goin Back To Memphis." If I had to pick the perfect White Stripes setlist it would be this, except I might add "In The Cold Cold Night." I am very satisfied with the concert.

Production Quality — 8
There are no tricks or special effects in it. Jack had it filmmed in a old type of filming that makes it look old like from the silent moves this concert is far from "silent" though. I guess by todays standards it would have bad production quality however it is very original and different and looks really cool.

Overall I think it is very good. It is one of my favorite DVD concerts. If it were lost or stolen, first I'd beat the crap of whoever stole it, or go buy it again.