Under Blackpool Lights [DVD] review by The White Stripes

• Released: Dec 7, 2004
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
The White Stripes: Under Blackpool Lights [DVD]

The sound is brilliant, probably heavier than on the studio albums, but I think it works to goos effect. The drums are clear as are the guitars and vocals. However in some (very brief and occassional) parts, the sound seems the deteriate slightly.

Content — 10
Unfortunately, there are no speacial features on the DVD, but as the concert is 26 tracks long, there is plenty of good stuff on there. The performance itself is incredible, and the set list is almost perfect. They play all of their well known hits (Seven Nation Army, Hardest Button To Button, Dead Leaves) but also some lesser heard tracks (such as Jolene, Astro, Do And De Ballit Of De Boll Weevil) Overall the whole concert is incredible.

Production Quality — 8
It seems to be pretty striahgt production, the inlay contains some very cool photo-type things that could possibly become collecters items. Overall, the design of the packaging and casing is very good, if not slightly bare.

Overall I'd recommend any fans of the White Stripes to buy this. I got mine cheap but I would've paid twice the price. 26 tracks of the Stripes in their best form? I'd definitley reccomend it.