Under Blackpool Lights [DVD] review by The White Stripes

• Released: Dec 7, 2004
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 8
The White Stripes: Under Blackpool Lights [DVD]

The sound was alright for the atmosphere of the ballroom but some of it was a bit distorted. Most parts of songs were cut short to allow for sudden moves into another songs. The sound directing ie the balance of the drums to the guitar, was done fantastically well as the definite level of guitar sound was well mixed in to the drum beat. There were changes made from the album, ie a different solo for Ball And Biscuit, and a new verse added into De Ballit Of De Boll Weevil.

Content — 8
The best parts of this really were the beginning and the end. The intro was When I Hear My Name and it started it off real good. It finished off with Seven Nation Army and De Ballit Of De Boll Weevil which really finished off great too. There aren't any extras. The start of the DVD only features Jack and Meg walking through Blackpool and to the Ballroom.

Production Quality — 8
Jack had three guitars but not really any effects stuff or anything like that in sight. Just guitars and amps. No tricks or anything, a screen effect was used for the beginning though.

Because I'm a White Stripes fan, I like it, but it probably would have been more spectacular if I had been there. Sound quality and picture quality might have been better then but great really.

WhiteStripesIII
    Bought it today. Amazing... truely amazing... the best live band in the world by far... best live performance EVER! Death Letter was amazing and so was Ball And Biscuit! WHITE STRIPES RULE!!!
    robeiniesta
    yesss how great is death letter in that concert!! man, i just can quit watching that concert. it so makes you stand up, sing, jump, play guitar... awesome
    Geek_Aus
    i bought it today and it's awesome. i liked hardest button to button, hotel yorba, hello operator and death letter.
    Peterjs
    You guys should check out the original version of Death Letter by Son House. Jack got lots of inspiration from him, and it's pretty cool old stuff.