Walking With A Ghost review by The White Stripes

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
The White Stripes: Walking With A Ghost

This EP is a great one, with inclussion of a great new song, Walking With A Ghost. It only has a few simple riffs and licks, but, it fully delivers what you expect from the White Stripes - lots of distortion, simple; repeating lyrics, catchy riffs and licks, and, of course, Jack's high pitched singing voice.

This EP has, as I've said a lot of screaming and high notes from Jack's voice. As for what he is saying, he pretty much only used about ten different words (I was walking with a ghost, I said please, please don't exist). The lyrics all flow very well with the song, and seem to go well with the guitar and drum pieces also. The White Stripes have always talked with their music, with heavy chords and lots of distortion, loud and proud.

Take this EP and compare it to Get Behind Me Satan. This EP has a lot more distortion and far better musical pieces, as where My Doorbell is almost a pop style Jackson-Five song. I love this EP, and I recomend you purchase it. Uncle Sam wants you to.

WhiteStripesIII
    Oh My God!!!!! I for got to buy it today!!!! Don't Panic!!! Don't Panic!!! Don't Panic!!! Screwdriver's on it???!!! must get it!!! White Stripes Rule!!!!!
    ercwlkr92
    They took a good song and made it GREAT! + some damn good live stuff such as an electric guitar version of "The Denial Twist"