White Blood Cells review by The White Stripes

• Released: Jan 29, 2002
The White Stripes: White Blood Cells

Once again this was another beautifully constructed White Stripes album. It definitely has a sound of its own. You really don't know what your going to hear next. There's a mixture of Rock, Country, Acoustic And Blues sounding songs. This album didn't have as much of a blues sound as the ones before it, but the blues is definitely still involved. Meg of course has kept the drums nice and simple which I think is a huge part of the White Stripes sound. Jacks guitar playing was awesome as usual, while he also somewhat kept the gutiars simple.

I really enjoyed Jack Whites lyircs in this album. Songs like "The Same Boy You've Always Known" and "We're Going to Be Friends" has a nice feel to them lyric wise. As did almost every song on this album. Jack Whites singing in my opinion keeps getting better and better with every album the White Stripes put out. I thought that Jack did an unbelievable job with the vocals for songs like "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground", "The Same Boy You've Always Known", "Little Room" and "Now Mary."

Overall this was not my favorite White Stipes album but it's still up there. This CD does have the only White Stripes songs I do not like on it. I really didn't like "Aluminium", it had no lyrics and I found it to be pretty boring. It had a creepy sound to it that I personally didn't like. "The Union Forever" had the same creepy sound to it. "I Think I Smell a Rat" is another song I really didn't care for. I didn't like the way the vocals were sung, or the way the song was constructed. But I do know many White Stripes fans that love those songs, I guess it's just a differnece in taste. Don't get me worng I still think this album was awesome, it just had some songs on it I didn't like. I'd definitely buy this album again if I lost it.