Live At The Isle Of Wight [DVD] Review

artist: The Who date: 11/05/2007 category: compact discs
Release Date: August 10, 2004
Under the expert supervision of Who guitarist Pete Townshend and director Murray Lerner, this historic film has been completely restored, remixed, and remastered to an astonishing level that needs to be seen and heard to be believed!
 Content: 8.7
 Production Quality: 8.7
 9.4
 9.2
 9.5
Live At The Isle Of Wight [DVD] Reviewed by: bluesbreaker59, on june 16, 2006

Sound: The Who kicks off one of the most memorable concerts ever with Heaven And Hell which is a great way to start off the show. The music is great after Townshend himself went in and remixed the entire concert at Eel Pie shortly before he released it. There are one or two instances where Pete remixed it so when he's playing a chord low on the neck the music is soloing or vise versa, but its no biggy. You forget all about it because its only on the first and second song, I do beleive (at least thats all thats noticeable). // 10

Overall Impression: I think it's a must have because of the rare Who full set videos. Some are out there, but Live at the Isle of Wight is definatley a must have for any Who fan or music fan alike. Highly, highly recommend running out and buying this DVD. // 10

Live At The Isle Of Wight [DVD] Reviewed by: Justin aus, on july 13, 2007

Sound: Recorded live from the isle of wight festival, 30th of August, 1970, this DVD captures The Who's historical performance from start to finish. This DVD is a 'must have' for all who fans. This performance is recorded right at the peak of their career, with Moon sittin behind the drums and Entwhistle on bass. Every track has been proffesionally remastered, supervised by Townshend himself. The footage was recorded by academy award winning Diretor Murray Lerner, who shot all of the footage from the festival, including Hendrix and many more. Overall, good sound quality. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this is by far my favourite music DVD I own. It truly captures one of the greatest bands ever in a live performance. It is one of the few concerts which features Moon on drums. For only fifteen Australian dollars, it was by far one of my better buys. If you are looking for a Who concert this would be the ideal one to buy. // 9

Live At The Isle Of Wight [DVD] Reviewed by: lounge act, on november 05, 2007

Sound: The Who's Live At The Isle Of Wight concert was easily one of their best. With a setlist including My Generation, I Can't Explain, Magic Bus, and all of Tommy, it had potential to be the best performance they would ever give. This DVD shows that it was. The sound was very good, with each instrument balanced out perfectly. Pete's solos, Keith's crazy fills, the Ox's sweet bass lines, and Roger's intense vocals all sounded the way they were meant to sound. You can tell that they put a lot of effort into the sound quality of this DVD and it came out very well. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this was a nearly perfect DVD. The only bad thing was the lack of special features. Despite that, I recommend buying it if you're in to the Who. It's a great item to have as it was a very memorable concert for them. Most other Who DVDs I see don't have the original line-up, and it's nice to see the original band performing during thier best years. // 9

Comments