Quadrophenia review by The Who

• Released: Jan 1, 1973
The Who: Quadrophenia

The Who have always had great sound and spectacular music. Quadrophenia is no exception. This is close to my favorite Who album and has some of the best music I've ever heard. The transitions into songs are excellent and the songs themselves are just played perfectly. Entwhisle's basslines flow so well against the guitar riffs and Keith Moon has yet another great drum piece. The Who also used many new kinds of instruments in the rock opera that blended well with all the other music.

The lyrics and singing make this album. Pete Townshend's lyrics reflect all childhood problems. The album all circles around a boy named Jimmy leaving home and eventually taking his life. The band went deep into adolescence psyche and reflected every kids problems and concerns. Songs like "I'm One" reflect the lack of individuality in life and wanting to break through the norm. These are the best lyrics I've ever heard off one album and I think that they still hold up 32 years later, too.

This album is amazing. The best that you will ever listen to. It is a perfect masterpiece by the Who and easily my favorite album of all time. Songs like "Love Reign O'er Me," "I'm One," "The Real Me" and many others just knock me out. A definate buy for any Who fan and for any person who appreciates great music.

Isogrifo
    Alright, I must agree that Tommy is a little more, well, fun! But if you listen to Quadrophenia, it is AMAZING musically. A true die-hard Who fan, typically likes Quadrophenia more than Tommy, especially musicians, instead of just avid listeners.
    bluesbreaker59
    Good review for a good album, but it still doesn't compare to Tommy, the greatest album EVER!