Quadrophenia review by The Who

• Released: Jan 1, 1973
The Who: Quadrophenia

I love the sound on this record, Daltrey is at his prime. Pete is at the best in his songwriting, especially after the Tommy and the failed Lifehouse project. John's bass is, actually, better than a lot of other albums, and Moon the Loon's drumming, and vocals, are the greatist he's had. The record had four distinct styles, one for each of the band members, Love Reign O'er Me (Pete), Helpless Dancer (Roger), Bell Boy (Keith Moon), and Is It Me (Entwistle). Two songs combine all of the styles, which are the most complicated songs Pete ever composed.

The lyrics really make you think, they follow a character in the "mod" time of London who dressed like the rest and went to Brighton to fight Rockers. The Lyrics really go well with the music. Roger's vocals are the best that could go with it, much like other works of Pete Townshend

It compares very well with Tommy, the older brother who outshines it all the time, It could beat "The Wall", and it does beat out a lof of other albums by artists like The Who. I love the album because it is easy to listen to and keeps you interested, it never gets dull. The only thing I hate is that Keith had too little vocals on "Bell Boy" and the mixing wasn't perfect. The most impressive songs are "Quadrophenia", and "The Rock", which are both the combinations of the themes that tie other songs together, they are both very complicated and sound awesome. if it were stolen (don't know how, I have it on the PC), I would buy it again, worth the money for sure.

voodooyardbird
    one of the best written albums of all time. Also did anyone else notice the pinball machine in the film was the same as the one elton john played in tommy?