Tommy review by The Who

• Released: Jan 1, 1969
The Who: Tommy

This albums sound is amazing! The instrumentals overture, sparks, and underture all have clips of other songs on the album along with great sounding drums, guitar, piano, bass, french horn, and many more. The unforgetable riffs of classics like "Pinball Wizard" and "I'm Free" give the album a huge boost. The music is amazing, the music fits the mood of the song and the mood of the lyrics, dark in "Cousin Kevin," epic, loud, fast in "Christmas," and happy, lively, fast tune in "Tommy's Holiday Camp" (until the last second. Amazing music, entire record. "Sparks" is John Entwistle at some of his best, Pete writes so many amazing riffs and song, Keith's amazing, fast, completely original drumming, and Rogers amazing voice (which now sounds more epic and kick-ass than ever) make this Who album, one their best works. Some people may argue their best.

I can't say enough on these lyrics, the lyrics tell the story of the deaf, dumb, and blind boy named Tommy so perfect. "It's A Boy" is perfect for the beginning, "1921" shows Tommy becoming blind, deaf, and dumb, and Captian Walker's death. "Amazing Journey" sums up Tommy's feeling, and what he goes through. "Eyesight To The Blind" (orginally recorded my Mos Allison) shows Tommy's first, feeble at best, attempt to be cured. "Christmas" sums up Tommy's feelings of being left out, feeling like an outsider. "Cousin Kevin" the dark cousin of Tommy who mistreats him for the fun of it. "The Acid Queen", another feeble attempt to be cured. "Do You Think It's Alright?" to leave the boy with Uncle Ernie? "Fiddle About," the story of Uncle Ernie's, rather frightning ways. "Pinball Wizard" the classic song evertone knows about Tommy becoming the Pinball Wizard, becoming popular in the process, giving him "godly" like status, (which comes into play later). "There's A Docter," about the new hope for Tommy. "Go To The Mirror!" about Tommy's trip to the docter who may be able to heal him, (one of my personal favorite songs on the record, both musically and lyrically). "Tommy Can You Hear Me?" Tommy's mother everlasting question. "Smash the Mirror" Tommy's mother's frusration. "Sensation", Tommy's rise, now with followers. "Miracle Cure", Tommy, gets healed. "Sally Simpson, about one of Tommy's most loyal followers and fans, and her hurdles. "I'm Free", about Tommy's satisfaction that he can now see, hear, and speak. "Welcome", Tommy's welcome to everyone who wants to follow him. "Tommy's Holiday Camp", welcome to Tommy's Holiday Camp! "We're Not Gonna Take It", Tommy's utter downfall, tells much of the story, followed by the mini-song "See Me, Feel Me". AS you can see the lyrics are great and the music fits the mood of the each chapter perfectly. Roger Daltry's voice is now much more like the classic Roger voice, hard, loud, amazing. One of the greatest frontman ever.

Compared to the other Who albums, this is one of their best, amazing record. I love the story, the music, everything. If it were stolen, of course I'd go out and buy it! I even have two dofferent copies if this! (original LP and CD). It's on deluxe edition, if you are going to pick it up, pick up the deluxe edition, again, amazing record.