A Guide To Love, Loss & Desperation review by The Wombats

• Released: Oct 29, 2007
The Wombats: A Guide To Love, Loss & Desperation

The Wombats are an alternative band which sums up their style well. It is not too similar to other bands but is very well written and complex with many parts interlocking at all times to give the full effect which is very impresive. I suppose if I had to give similar artists it would be Foals, Bloc Party and maybe even the Arctic Monkeys.

The Wombats would not win a singing contest but that's not what their music is all about, its a bit messy but not not too shabby and fits in with the overall picture. It was a bit of a gamble when I brought this album because I had not really made my mind up about The Wombats and when I got I listened to the first song ("Tales Of Boys, Girls And Marsupials") which almost put me off completely but don't stop their listen to it all and allow your common taste to be slightly altered but then the wacky lyrics combined with the choppy music style make a truly great band.

There a very goo band and have a wide range of music. I love the way that they are not just the standard indie band but have a twist or an alternative style which I really like. They have a few songs that stand out from the crowd which are "Let's Dance To Joy Division", "Moving To New York" and "Kill The Director" which are all very very good songs and the otyhers are not just the standard album fillers. However some are slightly odd but stick with it. Definately a album well worth buying.