Suburbia I've Given You All And Now I'm Nothing review by The Wonder Years

• Released: Jun 14, 2011
The Wonder Years: Suburbia I've Given You All And Now I'm Nothing

With three guitars strumming along to these catchy bass rhythms and drums beating hard on those punk beats, TWY have achieved something amazing. This is pop-punk at it's finest and it all works. Those fast songs like "Local Man" and "My Life As A Pigeon" feel so right. But the emotional heavier tracks like "And Now I'm Nothing" are sheer incredible. All six of them work together to form the stuff I wanna lose my virginity too.

Soupy is by far my favourite lyricist. Lyrics like "Suburbia stop pushing, I know what I'm doing" (a line from "America" by Alan Ginsberg however) and "I came out swinging from a Sotuh Phily basement caved in stale beer and sweat" are not metaphorical and that is why they work. Soupy doesn't need those metaphors or overuse of imagery. He gets to the f--king point. That's why it is genius.

Absolutely f--king incredible! the best album ever and because of the impact of lyrics, the pure sound of three guitars and drums and bass is overwhelming. To state it clearly, when I listened to "Local Man", I cried. Enough said.