Enigmartyr [EP] Review

The Wonderland Project: Enigmartyr [EP]
Released: Mar 31, 2011
Genre: Pop Rock
Label: Self-released
This is the debut EP of the well-known country Victorian band The Wonderland Project. It's such a diverse sound from the old 1960's sounding guitars all the way to ballsy guitar rock.
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Enigmartyr [EP] Reviewed by: brookes.andrea, on july 08, 2011

Sound: This is the debut EP of the well-known country Victorian band The Wonderland Project. I must admit I've never really been into pop rock and roll but these guys ROCK! It's such a diverse sound from the old 1960's sounding guitars all the way to ballsy guitar rock. It even has a nice piano ballad. I guess people don't really expect too much from country Australia as far as music goes but I can't wait to hear more from these guys. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are really memorable. Engaging. Intelligent. Honest. The lead singer - Luke Chandler - has a very unique voice for this genre of music. It blends so well. Luke Chandler both writes and sings and it blends really well with the talent of the backing music. There is a real maturity to the songwriting and lyrics which you dont hear on a debut EP. // 10

Overall Impression: I was given this EP by someone connected to the band. I wasn't expecting too much to be honest and I was pleasently blown away. I can't wait to see these guys live.. I hear they're amazing. Will really be looking forward to more great music from The Wonderland Project. // 10

Comments