The Meadowlands review by The Wrens

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
The Wrens: The Meadowlands

The Wrens is the best band with the worst luck. After EP, and 2 mildly succesful CDs made in the ninties followed by a 7 year hiatus they released they're new CD. The music is not the strongest part of the CD but there is nothing bad about it. They managed to put together a consistant 13 track CD. The songs all vary and are never are similar. They are more mellow than what they used to be. But they are a little older. The music triggers many moods from near depression to pure happiness. The band is fantastic.

The lyrics are great. They are well written and have many referances to the town where I grew up. The singers voice is sometimes impossible to understand, but the pure sound and tone of his voice makes you forgive him. When you read the lyrics you realize that this band has more to offer than great drumming or strange guitar parts. The lyrics tell stories of regret and new beginings. The lyrics are thoughtfull and meaningful.

This CD is excellent. it's a very mellow CD compared to what I normally listen to but I still thought it was fantastic. The best songs are deffinatly the She Sends Kisses, Faster Gun, This Boy Is Exhausted and Everyone Chooses Sides. An Underrated indie rock band with the worst luck and the best music. I recomend checking them out.

whj247
    u stole a lot of this from allmusic u ****. at least cite them.
    cmpunk
    you i never went there...my friend actually used that quate...i guess he stole it...