Tired Of Hangin' Around review by The Zutons

• Released: Mar 27, 2006
The Zutons: Tired Of Hangin' Around

The first thing you will notice when you listen to 'Tired Of Hangin' Around' is how much the Zutons as a band have 'grown up'. The new sound is much more mature in someways and you can tell just after one listen that this isn't the bands first album. Do not let this put you off, however. The new sound of the Zutons is still like the old, just more advanced, and in some ways, more relaxed. No longer do the Zutons need to prove how good they are, the debut album showed that. 'Tired Of Hangin' Around' is a very passive album, but still a very good one.

Dave McCabe, the lyricist of the Zutons has done another excellent job at composing lyrics for the new album. The lyrics fit with the guitar, sax, bass and drums so well. New instruments have been introduced in a few of the songs, such as 'Someone Watching Over Me' where most of the song is just the vocals of Dave and a piano playing backing chords. Again, this shows the Zutons are a maturing band who are getting bigger, better and more intelligent in what they do.

Whilst still not as good as 'Who Killed...', 'Tired Of Hangin' Around' is a superb album in all ways. The variety of tracks, lyrics and instruments throughout is fantastic. Make sure you listen to the groovy bass line in 'Hello Conscience', the well composed 'Why Won't You Give Me Your Love?' and 'Valerie', for her ginger hair! A truely great album, well worth the buy and will appeal to anyone!

GTB24
    i did nt like their old stuff but as u have said the music is altogether better
    WhiteStripesIII
    Love the album the zutons are my 2nd favourite band ever (check my username to see who's my favourite.) Though the new album is nowhere near as good as the older stuff like dirty dancehall, zuton fever, pressure point, remeber me and railroad.
    cabbaman98
    I think that Tired Of Hangin' Around is ythe ebst album. Every song is brilaint. but yeh you're rite
    the Zutons as a band have 'grown up'
    that is ver true
    Daniel Pearce
    Strokesofgenius wrote: Zutons are awesome but white stripes are better meg is Hot now
    Mayb - do u lyk der Strokes, lol!?