Tired Of Hangin' Around review by The Zutons

• Released: Mar 27, 2006
The Zutons: Tired Of Hangin' Around

They have some good song structures, no solos but everything runs smoothly together in all the songs. Some good chords in their using how many instruments and things? There's guitar, bass, vocals, backing vocals, keyboard, piano, drums, tamberine, trumpet and some computer sounds, how many? But that's what I like about The Zuton's sound: they're widely spread out and cover a lot of things in many ways: the lyrics, sound, their impression, genre of music and other things. There's such a range of things they do to get their marks and reveiws up. There is some good staccato and singing between the man and women. The smooth guitar blends in well in all the songs but I think especially in that song.

The lyrics are quite soothing in a way. Not the way the singer sings the words but the words they use in their songs. He has unique and clear voice. The lyrics are good at describing things. They flow nicely into eachother and in each song it's a diffrent story. I think it would be nice to sing the lyrics myself. It's good that the lyrics don't stand out more than the lyrics because it's got to back them up and it just spoils it if the music isn't as good. But in the case of The Zutons the music is as good as the lyrics. He's got a really nice voice and also he's picked good paces and genres. You can listen to the songs over and over again and you wouldn't get bored with the lyrics cause' they are so at you and might even be a bit funny like in one of the songs it he starts talking about sandwiches.

There's some cool guitar in this album and the backing singing helps. I've heard their one of the best live bands. This album I'd say is better than their first album because it's very good lyrically and more singing and guitar involved. There's no other band like them really. They're not true indie rock, they're more on the side of rock - that you can't really catagorize because it's sortov pop aswell. The best songs are 'Valerie', 'How Does It Feel', 'You've Got A Friend In Me' and 'Stacey Look What You've Done'. I love listening to it all over again on itunes but I hate not no-ing what the lyrics are about. I should look the lyrics up. If it were stolen I'd obviously buy it again but I'm not too sure about a second time if I lost it. I'd be spending my money on other things it. I would probably get something else the second time and just leave it. But that still doesn't mean iI don't like The Zutons. Every song's a hit. There is some goodsolos every now and then.