The Truth Is... review by Theory of a Deadman

• Released: Jul 12, 2011
Theory of a Deadman: The Truth Is...

I liked the way the variety of sounds was spread out across the record. Songs like "Drag Me To Hell" were very intense while "The Truth Is..." was just light hearted and fun. They've kinda lost their country vibe which is something I love about them but they have some incredible rock songs like "Hurricane", "Head Above Water" and "We Were Men". They also have some brass instruments in "Gentlemen" and the string intro to "Hurricane" is really cool.

I have mixed feelings when it comes to the lyrics. Songs like "Head Above Water" and "Hurricane" have the best lyrics. "We Were Men" also has amazing lyrics that are pretty heavy. Songs like "The B-tch Came Back", "Lowlife" and "The Truth Is..." contrast those songs well with they're humorous and fun lyrics, which is a good mix to have. "Easy To Love You" has to be the worst, it's so cheesy and doesn't fit into the record. Other songs like "Drag Me To Hell" and "Love Is Hell" thrash out love. Overall I think the variety in their lyrics are pretty good.

I've always been a big TOAD fan so I think it's great they're getting more radio play and appealing to a greater audience, although to do so they've become lighter but they haven't totally changed. My favorite tracks are "Hurricane", "Head Above Water" and "We Were Men" because they sound great and the lyrics are awesome. My least favorite songs are "Easy To Love You" and "Gentlemen". I love how some tracks you can rock out to while other tracks are just good for chilling out. I hate that hey won't come to Ireland! If you're looking for an album with some heavy songs and love songs then this is for you. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed the album and I'm looking forward to they're next record.

Vasil'
    Oh, for ****! That's their best album, guys! You suck! It's absolute 10!
    VLTV
    I didn't think it was so bad after listening to it a few times. I have to say that "Out of My Head" was pretty good, though to me, the acoustic version is much more appealing. I'd have to agree that this album in in NO WAY a 10/10 album. No possible way. "Bitch Came Back" and "The Truth Is" are nothing more than hilarious. "Gentlemen" was... interesting... but only one or two songs really stuck out to me lyrically or musically. "Villain" from their deluxe version was rather amusing though. All in all, I wouldn't call this their best album. I'd reserve that for Scars & Souvenirs.