A'arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming review by Therion

• Released: May 20, 1997
Therion: A'arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming

This is probably the best album to introduce new listeners to Therion. This is a very well orchestrated and guitar oriented album that dips even towards classical music. The choirs and duos in this album are also very intriguing to hear. This is also the second post pure death metal album showing the shift from former death metal to progressive/gothic metal.

The lyrics are first of all Written by Thomas Karlsson the leader of the occult group "Dragon Rouge". These Lyrics always tell the Beliefs and ideals. The choirs and singer both chime in finely and sound good with the music. The female and male duets are also a good listen with shifts. The solo soprano singers just like on Lepaca Kliffoth though on this album the singers are greatly impressive. The lyrics if dissected by what is being said can be moving or at least challenge how one thinks.

I like this album the most of any Therion I have heard. If you like bands like Nightwish and also Kamelot this is somewhere in between in sounds. I really like the Symphony of the Dead Instrumental and The Quiet Desert are great tracks. I sometimes wish this was a little less symphonic and more metal oriented yet it is a true Masterpiece nonetheless. If This was Stolen I would be happy the person had the taste to find this and be angry I would have to wait to get this shipped but would certainly buy this again. I personally think this is also the best way to listen to Therion for the first time as appose to Deggial which takes a bit of an open mind and a taste for classical music.