Forever Ended Yesterday Review

Genre: Post-Hardcore/Pop-Punk
Label: Victory Records
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Forever Ended Yesterday Reviewed by: headbang123, on august 05, 2011

Sound: For those of you who don't know, These Hearts is a band who just signed with Victory Records. They had an add in this June's issue of Alternitive Press. I was excited when I first looked them up but I have to admit I was slightly dissapointed. This band is like those cheap generic products you find at Pay Less. They're GOOD but I there's way better. They sound like any other post-hardcore band one would hear. The main thing about their instrumental sound is that they just don't have good transitions. They go for the happy pop punk-half a secound later-holy shit screamo. Which is good on SOME parts of SOME songs. But they tend to do that on EVERY freaking song. A lot of their songs start out sounding great and then they just ruin it by adding some trick screaming part that barely fits ("Denial Isn't Just A River In Egypt" and "Apology Rejected"). I also feel like every song on this record is just one big verse. Meaning there really is not climax or good part. They all just sound sort of dull. I gave this a seven because aside form this they sound great and their songs have the potential to be great. I LOVE the sound of their breakdowns but they really overuse them. If they could transition from one part to another better and if their sound wan't so flat I would defienetly be a fan. // 7

Lyrics: Their singer reminds me of Escape The Fate's Craig Mabbit. He's good don't get me wrong, but all his songs sound the same. He does really good high screams put he can't do any good low screams. It sounds more like he's throwing up than screaming at times. It doesn't really seem like he has the best vocal range either. As for the songwriting, there'e some good lines and hooks but they just lack that songwriting pizaz. I feel like they're just repeating themselves (which in my opinion only The Beatles can get away with). // 6

Overall Impression: Overal not a terrible album. I've definetly heard worse but I've heard better. This band has a lot of potential in their sound but they just sound flat. They don't really have that sound like other bands that makes you want to go back and listen to more. This band could REALLY be great. They just need more from their sound. They just feel like another band with high pitched vocals. I hope they improve on their next album. After all not EVERYBODY has a good debute album. Plus their drummer could she'd a few pounds, I mean the guy lookes like Hurley form "Lost". // 6

Comments