Greatest Hits review by Thin Lizzy

• Released: Jun 22, 2004
Thin Lizzy: Greatest Hits

This is the greatest-greatest hits album ever. It is awesome, I didn't particuarly know many lizzy songs till about a year ago but they are now my joint favourite band (joint with zep; who else to be honest). This record has a huge selcetion of styles, lizzy have gone through a fair few guitarist in their time and this pulls together the best songs made be all. From the fantastic lyrics and funky style of 'You Can Do Anything' to the badass soloing and riffing on 'whunder And Lightening' and 'Cold Sweat' there is so much variety on this album.

Phil Lynott is one of the greatest lyricists ever, he has lyrics to suit every song. Listen to the tongue twisting rhymes in 'You Can Do Anything' or the the ingenius tales of the 'Lads' in 'The Boys Are Back In Town'. All of the lyrics fit the songs superbly.

I know I have said this already but this is a great album! You'll love it if your into the classic rock bands, you know what I mean: Led Zep, Deep Purple, Rolling Stones but I would suggest this to any guitarist who wants to pick up some real good songs or ideas. There are too many brilliant songs on this album to mention them all but my particualr favourites are: Waiting For An Alibi (it's genius, gary moores harmonised intro is almost orgasmic to play along to), Thunder And Lightening and Cold Sweat (heavy ass guitaring, solos to die for), Whiskey In The Jar (come on admit you don't love it) and China Town. I could quite happily listen to this album all day as it is pact full on awesome songs. Buy it you won't be dissapointed, if it were stolen I woudl buy it straight away after I had finished crying.