Greatest Hits Review

Thin Lizzy: Greatest Hits
Release Date: Jun 22, 2004
Label: Universal International
Genres: Heavy Metal, British Metal, Album Rock, Rock & Roll, Hard Rock
If you're a newcomer to Lizzy or curious to dig deeper than merely your weathered vinyl copy of Jailbreak, "Greatest Hits" is an essential purchase.
 9.9
Greatest Hits Reviewed by: Maiden BR, on november 04, 2005

Sound: Thin Lizzy is sort of a rock/soft rock type of band, a mix between the two. The band started in '70s and in 1972 relased their first hit single the boys are back in town. // 10

Lyrics: A lot of the time its about the boys (or the band) ex The Boys Are Back In Town, Trouble Boys, Jailbreak and alot more. The lead singer Phil Lynott died and now as some of you may know the is a statue of him in dublin city. Phil Lynott was a great singer and was what attraced a lot of people to the band one of which was me, being the singer in my band. // 10

Overall Impression: Thin Lizzy has its own type of sound, diffrent to other bands. They were liked by Mettalica who have done their own versions of a few of tl's songs. Great songs on the album are Whiskey In The Jar, Parisienne Walkways, Emerald, The Boys Are Back In Town, Dancin' In The Moonlight, Waiting For An Alibi and alot more. If this was stolen on me I would definitley buy it again. // 10

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: will-loves-zep, on july 03, 2007

Sound: This is the greatest-greatest hits album ever. It is awesome, I didn't particuarly know many lizzy songs till about a year ago but they are now my joint favourite band (joint with zep; who else to be honest). This record has a huge selcetion of styles, lizzy have gone through a fair few guitarist in their time and this pulls together the best songs made be all. From the fantastic lyrics and funky style of 'You Can Do Anything' to the badass soloing and riffing on 'whunder And Lightening' and 'Cold Sweat' there is so much variety on this album. // 10

Lyrics: Phil Lynott is one of the greatest lyricists ever, he has lyrics to suit every song. Listen to the tongue twisting rhymes in 'You Can Do Anything' or the the ingenius tales of the 'Lads' in 'The Boys Are Back In Town'. All of the lyrics fit the songs superbly. // 10

Overall Impression: I know I have said this already but this is a great album! You'll love it if your into the classic rock bands, you know what I mean: Led Zep, Deep Purple, Rolling Stones but I would suggest this to any guitarist who wants to pick up some real good songs or ideas. There are too many brilliant songs on this album to mention them all but my particualr favourites are: Waiting For An Alibi (it's genius, gary moores harmonised intro is almost orgasmic to play along to), Thunder And Lightening and Cold Sweat (heavy ass guitaring, solos to die for), Whiskey In The Jar (come on admit you don't love it) and China Town. I could quite happily listen to this album all day as it is pact full on awesome songs. Buy it you won't be dissapointed, if it were stolen I woudl buy it straight away after I had finished crying. // 10

Comments