Live And Dangerous review by Thin Lizzy

• Released: Oct 25, 1990
Thin Lizzy: Live And Dangerous

This is an absolutely amazing album. Thin Lizzy (along with Queen and Led Zeppelin) were one of the greatest bands of the '70s. This live CD captures their personality and amazing sound, making it one of my favorite CDs of all time. Thin Lizzy were great because of their fantastic songwriting, dual-guitar harmonies, astounding bass, pounding drums, and laidback vocals. Out of the 17 songs they managed to cram onto this disc, not one wants to make you punch yourself and say: "Why didn't I write that?" The answer is no. You aren't a legend, nor will you ever be. You will never be able to write a solo like "Dancing In The Moonlight" or the riff to "The Rocker". At least you can listen to the greatest Irish band of all time.

Lynott's vocals remind me of a man who became God, walked around we common people, leaving all of us in awe and converting millions to join him. That's right - Jimi Hendrix. Lynott's vocals are casual, meaningful and upbeat, and it is like he is really enjoying himself. The similarities between him and Jimi are there, but any likeness to God has to be good!

Have you read the rest of the review? Put down your guitar, get off the stage and run to a CD shop (but not Virgin. They suck). Buy the CD and never read this review again.