UK Tour '75 review by Thin Lizzy

• Released: Sep 8, 2008
Thin Lizzy: UK Tour '75

The sound is your average Lizzy sound, but live. The recording quality isn't that great but it isn't bad either. There is a bit of fizz in the recording, but that's usual for recordings from that time. The only song that is going to be on the upcoming record (at that time, which was Jailbreak) is Derby Blues ( you may know it as Cowboy Song). If you are looking for something to fill your collection with, and if you like the older Lizzy stuff, then this is for you. If you are into the later Lizzy (Renegade and Thunder And Lightning) then this isn't for you.

The lyrics are the usual Lizzy lyrics. Lynott's voice is great, the only bad thing is that he sometimes sings out of beat, this can get quite annoying if you want to sing along to the music (note that it isn't extremely out of beat, just about half a second or one second at the most).

The sound, as I said earlier, isn't that great but it isn't bad either. The most impressive songs are It's Only Money, Fighting My Way Back and Wild One. You get that classic Lizzy sound on those ones, they are also very well played (which is something you would expect from Thin Lizzy). So if you are into the older Lizzy stuff (prior to Johnny The Fox) then this is for you. It is not very expensive, I bought it in the UK for about 10 or 11. That is around $15 or so. The one thing I dislike is the packaging, it looks like a mini LP, so the folder may look quite bad after a while unless you take care of it.

Warrior47
    Deathhead93
    Warrior47 wrote: Is this any better than Live and Dangerous? That's a fantastic album, so if you're looking for Lizzy, that might be a better album if this one is only okay.
    Live and Dangerous is far better than this. (I have it on LP.)
    nikh158
    Live And Dangerous has the more familiar songs and the better production. It was also-notoriously-overdubbed, so at least part of what you hear was recorded in the studio (although some people deny this). With Live `75 you get a very different, pre Boys Are Back In Town,raw Lizzy. For me, this CD is a must-have and is worth buying for It`s Only Money and Little Darlin` alone.