Wild One: The Very Best Of Thin Lizzy review by Thin Lizzy

• Released: Jan 1, 1996
Thin Lizzy: Wild One: The Very Best Of Thin Lizzy

Thin Lizzy's greatest hits showcases the bands diverse sound and it is a great way to get introduced to a great band that has had much influence on hard rock/metal bands. The songs features Thin Lizzy's signature twin lead guitar, with amazing harmonies on songs like "China Town", soft catchy grooves "Dancin' In The Moonlight" and heavy thundring riffs "Cold Sweat". Some of these songs will make you want to get up dance and sing along "The Boys Are Back In Town", while a few other will make you want bang your freggin head, "Thunder And Lightning". An Interesting song "Out In The Fields" is possible the first power metal songs ever, and bears a strong resemblence to Helloween's biggest hit single " I Want Out" which was made a few years later. The album also features the break through sinlge, "Whiskey In The Jar" which is an Irish folf song.

The album has fairly diverse topics, seeing as it covers a range of albums. Lyrics include jailbreaks "Jailbreak"(no kidding eh?, war "Out In The fields", rock 'n' roll lifestyle "The Rocker". Phil Lrynott's vocals a awesome, everything he sings sounds so good, his voice can be so smooth and distinct. Phil's voice tends to change slightly song to song but still remains awesome. The best vocals proformace on the album had to go to the epic vocals in "Out In The Fields", the smooth sounding "Dancin' In The Moonlight" and the heavy catchy as hell "China Town".

If you are a fan of a lot of other classic rock artist that have been influencial on hard rock and metal (Alice Cooper, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin) then this may the thing for you. Iron Maiden fans may also get a kick out of the twin lead guitar harmonies. The most impressive songs on the album have to be "The Boys Are Back In Town", "Cold Sweat", "Out In The Fields", "Dancin' In The Moonlight", "China Town" and "Wiskey In The Jar". My favourite part of thisd album is definitly Phil Lynott's vocals followed closely by the Twin Lead guitars, there's really not much to complain about on this album. After you hear this you should definitly by other Thin Lizzy albums because there is so much more to hear from these guys.

patoperro
    i'm from Chile in SouthAmerica, the soutest country in the world, and men, here is very hard to get something of Thin Lizzy, but i have all albums, dvd's, i play covers in guitar or bass, and i made my own t-shirts of THIN LIZZY. All my family, friends and my girlfriend, are now funs of THIN LIZZY thanks to me. I'm very happy to ear news about my favorite band and my favorite album is "black Rose", that album really rock!!! see you