Blue review by Third Eye Blind

• Released: Nov 23, 1999
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Third Eye Blind: Blue

The sound on this album isn't really any different from the mature sound that we've heard before. It's still that same college type music that you hear at parties and it's really easy listening. The album concentrates on slower paced songs with heavy riffs at the same time. It's a personal album also. Stephen Jenkins (lyricist, singer) wrote all the album and produced it. The sounds do get somewhat bland.

Stephen Jenkins is great again with the song "Deep Inside Of You" and "Slow Motion." The words to "Never Let You Go" really inspires someone to hold on to that loved one to make sure they will be with you. His range does get a little high in this album and come back down nicely. Sometimes the music doesn't blend so well with some of the words but it's not too fristrating. Outside 4 or 5 songs the words just fade a little.

It is the most emotional album they have written and the song "Slow Motion" is instrumental and has words on some versions. My album version is instrumental. I prefer the version with words. The album is not a necessity to someone's collection I must say but if I lost it I wouldn't get it right away no. This album pertains to a certain intrest or reason. It's great for background music.