Blue review by Third Eye Blind

• Released: Nov 23, 1999
Third Eye Blind: Blue

They have a fun pop-rock sound and it is very enjoyable listening. It's the second album by 3eb they have tried to use a lot of different amps and pedals to get unique sounds on the cd. Pop-rock at its best with superb melodies and great riffs.

The lyrics are incredible for such upbeat pop-rock. They often have referneces to sex (Deep Inside Of You) and drugs. The lyrics suit the music in a way which is hard to describe and the melodies make them fit perfectly with the record as a whole. The singer clearly has a lot of talent for songwriting as well as his voice sounding marvelous.

Not as good as their 3rd album but better than the first. Surely their next should be great!:D The best songs on the album are Deep Inside Of You and 1000 Julys which has a great guitar riff. I love the upbeat feeling of it and the fact the songs have meanings whilst still remaining poppy. If it was stolen/lost I would definately get it again. A great album.

[NIN]_ROCK!
    I found the lyrics for the best song on this album(in my opinion), "Slow Motion" and it goes like this: Miss Jones taught me english But I think I just shot her son ?Cause he owed me money With a bullet in the chest you can not run Now he?s bleeding in a vacant lot The one in the summer where we used to smoke pot I guess I didn?t mean it But man you shoulda seen it His flesh explode Slow motion see me let go We tend to die young Slow motion see me let go What a brother knows Slow motion see me let go Now the cops will get me But girl if you will let me I?ll take your pants off I got a little bit of blow we could both get off Later bathing in the afterglow Two lines of coke I cut with Drano And her nose starts to bleed A most beautiful ruby red Slow motion see me let go We?ll remember these days Slow motion see me let go Urban life decay Slow motion see me let go And at home my sister?s eating paint chips again Maybe that?s why she?s insane I shut the door to the moaning And I shoot smack in veins Wouldn?t you? See my neighbor?s beating his wife Because he hates his life There?s a knock to his fist as he swings Oh man what a beautiful thing And death slides close to me Won?t grow old to be A junkie wino creep Hollywood glamorized my wrath I?m a young urban psychopath I incite murder for your entertainment ?Cause I needed the money, what?s your excuse? The joke?s on you Slow motion see me let go Oh yeah Slow motion see me let go, oh Slow motion see me let go, oh In one word: BRILLIANT!!!! When I bought this album I thought it was ok (I was only 10 or 11 at the time) but didn't really pay too much attention to it, but with some more maturity I started to look deeper at it and found a masterpiece in Blue. If you like deep, serious and soft music, go get this album right away because you'll be surprised! ROCK ON!