Blue Review

Released: Nov 23, 1999
Label: Elektra
Genre: Rock
Styles: Post-Grunge, Adult Alternative Pop/Rock
There's not quite enough of it this time around to make Blue the equal of its predecessor, but it should be enough to please devoted fans.
 8.2
 9.7
Blue Reviewed by: Stevie B, on may 10, 2006

Sound: They have a fun pop-rock sound and it is very enjoyable listening. It's the second album by 3eb they have tried to use a lot of different amps and pedals to get unique sounds on the cd. Pop-rock at its best with superb melodies and great riffs. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are incredible for such upbeat pop-rock. They often have referneces to sex (Deep Inside Of You) and drugs. The lyrics suit the music in a way which is hard to describe and the melodies make them fit perfectly with the record as a whole. The singer clearly has a lot of talent for songwriting as well as his voice sounding marvelous. // 10

Overall Impression: Not as good as their 3rd album but better than the first. Surely their next should be great!:D The best songs on the album are Deep Inside Of You and 1000 Julys which has a great guitar riff. I love the upbeat feeling of it and the fact the songs have meanings whilst still remaining poppy. If it was stolen/lost I would definately get it again. A great album. // 10

Blue Reviewed by: rob_acoustic, on july 18, 2005

Sound: The sound on this album isn't really any different from the mature sound that we've heard before. It's still that same college type music that you hear at parties and it's really easy listening. The album concentrates on slower paced songs with heavy riffs at the same time. It's a personal album also. Stephen Jenkins (lyricist, singer) wrote all the album and produced it. The sounds do get somewhat bland. // 8

Lyrics: Stephen Jenkins is great again with the song "Deep Inside Of You" and "Slow Motion." The words to "Never Let You Go" really inspires someone to hold on to that loved one to make sure they will be with you. His range does get a little high in this album and come back down nicely. Sometimes the music doesn't blend so well with some of the words but it's not too fristrating. Outside 4 or 5 songs the words just fade a little. // 6

Overall Impression: It is the most emotional album they have written and the song "Slow Motion" is instrumental and has words on some versions. My album version is instrumental. I prefer the version with words. The album is not a necessity to someone's collection I must say but if I lost it I wouldn't get it right away no. This album pertains to a certain intrest or reason. It's great for background music. // 6

Comments