Out Of The Vein review by Third Eye Blind

• Released: May 13, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 4.3 Poor
Third Eye Blind: Out Of The Vein

Whilst the sound of this band has always been at a high standard, the feeling on this still isn't as natural and exiting as it was on their debut self titled album. There are no real stand out songs like 'Background' or 'Narcolepsy'. Listening to the album, there are no songs I dislike, but on the same token none of them have gone on my playlist. 'My hit and run' and 'Misfits' are really the only memorable songs on the album.

Again, whilst there is nothing wrong with the lyrics, and they are still of a higher standard than most albums, it still lacks the kind of energy and passion combined in the bands debut album. The lyrics aren't sang with a lot of conviction, there are exceptions like 'Wake for Your Souls', which is original and has the likability factor that for the most, is missing in this album.

There is one major downfall of this album, and that is that it's just not got the same vibe as the bands debut album, the songs are average, and some good, but none are excellent, and most of the songs on the bands debut album were instant classics. On it's own it's a decent album, but it doesn't excite me like the debut album did, and still does.

Stevie B
    Third3ye wrote: Well, excuse them then. Dude, they gave it a 10 because that's what they felt it was. And FYI no one has the same musical taste. Usually the better album is subjective tastes, but in this case they are incorrect. The first one is the best. Kevin Cadogan is irreplaceable. Sorry, but those are the basic facts.
    I like your logic. I guess your opinion is the only one people should listen to as clearly your correct about everything. Anyway... Their first album is my least favourite.
    suminorudder
    actually the fact is tony fredianelli was the original guitar player for third eye blind and kevin was the replacement. someone who named himself after the band should know that. i still hold thatthis album is justas excellent as their previous efforts. theyve always been very progressive in their sound so this is only the next step. and the next nextstep is going to be awesome. already found a few leaks from ursa major and its sounding like it could be the best yet!