This Is Me Smiling review by This Is Me Smiling

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
This Is Me Smiling: This Is Me Smiling

This Is Me Smiling is a new band, I simply found out about them by buying their CD. It looked pretty cool, and the song names just made me want to buy it. And it was a very good buy. Well, anyways, This Is Me Smiling I would classify as a Indie band for sure. So their sound is very very nice throughout the album. The piano and organ really adds another dimension of music to the sound here.

The lyrics are what you'd expect from an Indie band. Most of the lyrics are hard to sum up into one piece. But it definitely fits with the flow of the music. The piano sometimes mimics the vocals which is pretty sweet. The singing skills are pretty good. He hits some high notes, some low notes. And in some places, there are girls singing in the background, which adds a great new feel to the songs.

01. Ephemera - amazing way to start the album. Great guitar, excellent keys. 02. Feelin' The Time Pass By - very catchy song. Vocals are very good here. Keys again are spot on. 03. Prettier - one of my favorite songs on the album. The keys here are just about at their best, the drums are very diverse, very catchy lyrics, and the bass is pretty good. 04. A Better Way To Fall In Love - not a very good song in my opinion. This song is just too fast for TIMS style in my opinion. The lyrics are pretty good nontheless. 05. Goodbye To Each Day - we can all relate to this song, which is what makes it so good. This song is very diverse, so it's like a rollercoster of Indie music. 06. Matter To Matter - an acoustic song, and hearing the other songs off the album, I was expecting this song to kick ass. It's not that good. The girl singing in the background doesn't make it any better either. 07. So Excited To Sleep - one of my favorite songs on the album. It has great energy, a lot of stop and go, nice catchy melody, good lyrics. Overall a very good track. 08. Up In All Directions - my favorite track on the album. 'Nuff said. 09. Mixin' Up Adjectives - another fast paced song, quite a good one too. As always, a great catchy chorus. The guitaring is very well done here. 10. Say What You're Gonna Say - the female singing here is a very very nice touch. One of the best songs on the CD. 11. For When You Don't Hear It Right - this is a little instrumental song, but it is not titled on the CD case, so I'm just going to call it Track 11 for now. I would actually call this song more of a keyboard breakdown track. Nice way to lead into the next song. 12. For When You Don't Hear It Right - 'Straight back, sugar and cream' you just gotta love these guys. The bongos make a new meaning to this song. Awesome track. 13. Alive In The Chase - the lyrics for this song are a bit strange, but a good song nontheless. A good way to end the album. Overall, this CD is pretty damn good. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to change up their musical tastes. A really diverse album. I would buy it again if it got stolen from me. It's that good. Now go out and buy yourself a copy!

salmarnirecho
    I got this Cd a while ago, and granted I haven't listened to it a lot, but I just cannot seem to get into these guys. Sometimes I have to listen to a CD for a while to appreaciate it, but I just can't seem to do it with This Is Me Smiling. It sort of bores me, I guess. I dunno. I'll give it another shot.