Our Worlds Divorce review by This Providence

• Released: Nov 16, 2004
This Providence: Our Worlds Divorce

As far as pop-punk is concerned, This Providence has established itself as one of the top acts of the genre with their debut release. They are just a further testament to the rise of Seattle as a musical center for the entire country. This Providence's music is based around an incredible drummer who deviates from the run-of-the-middle drumming to shine through. The singer's voice complements so nicely with their use of both jazz chords and jazz riffs.

This Providence is a Christian punk band, an increasingly popular theme after following acts like Underoath, Relient K, and Anberlin. The lyrics disguise the need for connection to both God and the world. This can be shown perfectly in the 3rd song and one of the strongest "Everyday." Clearly about a relationship with God. But much like other punk acts, they do throw in the emotional relationship song in the first single from the record "Truth And Reconciliation", a great selection for a single. This song has perhaps the best lyrics of the album: "Holding onto dreams we collide..." and "I beg to be all that you dream, and I'll die trying to be."

I consider myself a serious music fan, mainly of alternative and punk rock, and I rate this album as high as any. I put it in the same category of great as Fallout Boy's debut "Take This To Your Grave" and Brand New's sophomore release "Deja Entendu," which puts this providence in a very high class. The mixture of great production, courtesy of Seattle, meaningful lyrics and quality musicianship will hopefully establish This Providence as one of the best punk acts around.

lackofcolor
    ahh man what a good album. This Providence is gaining such a fan base its so nice to see them grow into a huge act. Do these guys do warped? favorite song- Wolf In Sheeps Clothing YES FIRST COMMENT
    thunderbutt
    yeah a wolf in sheeps clothing has to be my favorite... or my beautiful rescue =P. amazing work.