Come Again review by Thornley

• Released: May 11, 2004
Thornley: Come Again

In a vast and yet bizzare world of music we live into today, rock is truely devided into many sub-catagories. Post-grunge may be the sub catagory for those who realize that nu-metal has lost its sharp edge, garage rock is stale, and emo is just as dimension-less as Brittney Spears. Yet most post-grunge fans are people who can only pray that one day we may get another Alice In Chains. After listening to Thornley's debut album Come Again, I beleive that one day, Thornley may one day be one of the next great alternative bands that many have been waiting for. Thornley's sound has a rare mix of two things that almost no band (except for maybe Audioslave) has, quality sound, with originality. Unlike most post-grunge bands, you can't compare Thornley's sound to any one particular band, and lead singer Ian Thornley has one of the most inovative voices I have ever heared in music in general.

I can't really express the lyrics of their songs in great detail, I can only say that the are really good. I personally had a deep lyrical connection with the tracks "So Far, So Good", "Keep a Good Man Down" and "Easy Comes."

But before you buy this album thinking that it is the Choosen One, keep in mind that the last few tracks sound a little repetitive, and many people can't stand that in an album. Yet I still think that this is a really solid album, and hopefully, if the timing is right, Thornley can be a solid alt. band with good hit and records. So if your gonna buy one alternative album this year, buy Velvet Revolver's Contraband, but if you want to buy two, I'd recomend you buy this album.