Come Again review by Thornley

• Released: May 11, 2004
Thornley: Come Again

Excellent band, tight, talented, well crafted music. Basically original, little bits of Soundgarden, Zepplin, Alice and newer melodic rock sounds mixed in perfectly without sounding like a rip-off. This lead singer/soungwriter is more than talented.

I'm not a lyric guy, I never hear the words. My apologies to the sensitive music listener. His voice is smooth and powerful, with enough of a scream to do the job when necessary.

I saw Ian Thornely lead Big Wreck on tour a few years back and I was blow away by his talent on the guitar and as a lead singer. This guys is a hidden talent waiting to explode. I miss the experimentation of Big Wreck, the way their songs would drift off for a second to only come back for a solid finish. But this band is also quite good. The other person who reviewed this on 8/2/04 also summed it up very well, but his advice to buy Velvet Revolver over this album is not great advice. Contraband is very very average at best, nothing original on the entire album. (In fact I should save that for the contraband review page.)