Come Again review by Thornley

• Released: May 11, 2004
Thornley: Come Again

The sound for Thornley's CD is amazing. Their sound is unique. Comparing them to other bands would be hard to do. They have a different style of tuning that is rarely seen within any other band. They are a Canadian band, doing their thing, and for that, I commend them. The music they have created, for this CD, was truly worth the effot. The best songs on the album are, in my opinion, "Falling To Pieces," "Beautiful," "Clever" and "Lies That I Beleive." Not only do they have some wicked guitar solo's, I must commend the drums and bass as well. The Drums fit every song! Every solo by every instrument fits the song that it's in perfectly. The band is just too good to be true.

The lyrics have some serious feel to it. They aren't exactly angry, but, for some of the songs on the album, they were written with an aggressive tone. All the lyrics suit the sound in the songs so well. When Ian Thornley lays down his vocals along with his guitar, he truly makes some beautiful music. His voice can't really be compared to anothers. You would have to do some serious research trying to find someone with the same sound and pitch in their, in their voice, to match Ian Thornley's.

This album cannot compare to any other album I have heard within the past 4 years. This band is truly, fricken amazing. Most impressive songs are the ones that were listed above, plain and simple, even though all the songs on the album are good. There isn't one song, on their album, that I don't like. The things I love the most about it are the sound, how loud it is, the vocals, and the drums. If I was in a bad mood, I would pop in the CD and just forget about what I was mad about in the first place. I don't hate anything about this album. Not one thing, and for myself thats hard to come by. If Lost this album, I would hit myself over it and if it was stolen, I would track down the person. The band is too good for that kind of stuff to happen to it. I would definenty buy it again if it got stolen/lost.

dicer4
    omg!1 thornely is really good but there pussy rock!!!! they play metal riffs and have rock singing, they could be a vary power ful metal band if they wanted to!!!
    scottishmob
    Ehhh, I have this but was by no means impressed. And by the way, to the reviewer who talked about the song 'The Lies I Believe', there is no guitar solo in it. wtf...