Oxygen : Inhale review by Thousand Foot Krutch

• Released: Aug 26, 2014
Thousand Foot Krutch: Oxygen : Inhale

Trevor has definitely been working on his vocals for this album, along with his guitar skills. Including the Dobro on "Glow" is new to them. The softest album by far, which I think was done on purpose to contradict the previous album, "The End Is Where We Begin." This by far has to be one of their best albums, both in quality and in intricacy of the songs themselves. The bass and drums are just as intricate, and it shows in songs like "Oxygen" and "Untraveled Road." The guitar s are getting more and more intricate with songs like "Oxygen," "Glow," and "Light Up." The band is getting better, and showing no sign of stopping.

The lyrics are very different, while some are subtle, others are just a big difference from some of their previous work, which while that may be a red flag for some fans, it isn't for others. Trevor still despite that makes each song amazing with his vocals which always continue to surprise fans, new and old. Nothing can compare to this album, and if TFK did something like this again in the future, I can truly say that I will follow it wholly. The sound on the album is unheard of from a metal band unless it's an acoustic album/EP with older songs. This is all originals.

A soft album is a first for them, and it shows that they aren't afraid to experiment and be different. The only detractor about the album is that is only has 10 tracks, compared to The End Is Where We Begin, which had 15 (13 not counting the intro and outro). This album is a testament to the artists not afraid to push boundaries in their genre and face the consequences. They truly put out one of the best albums to date, and lets hope they only get better. This album will be bought by me every time (if I ever) lose it.