Phenomenon review by Thousand Foot Krutch

• Released: Sep 30, 2003
Thousand Foot Krutch: Phenomenon

Since TFK's debut, Set it Off, they have lost a lot of their hip-hop sound but still manage to come off strong. Some songs (Rawkfist, Ordinary) still have the super fast rap lyrics that dominated the last album, but now they are blended almost perfectly with chugging guitars and yelling vocals. Trevor never really does scream per se, and Rawkfist isn't the best song on the album, but it stayed in my CD player for months.

The lyrics are about as good, except they're easier to understand and don't go off to nowhere like rap usually does. "This Is A call" is the only ballad, talking about asking for God's help, but even if you're not a Christian, you're love the music and some of the lyrics.

At the time I'm writing this, TFK has a new CD entitled "The Art Of Breaking" coming out in a few weeks. If it's even half as good as this it's definitely worth buying. With these simple but sweet guitars, great rapping, and overall great lyrics, this is something everyone should buy.

TrickySteev
    TFK is absolutly amazing wether ur just looking for something simple and nice that u can jam to or something u can learn and apreciate its diverse and sophisticated highly recommend it SPECIALLY for gamers
    fret13
    My Dad bought me this cd and i though that Eminem went Christian i like Thousand foot krutch songs but none of them are on this cd. Phenomenon is the only one i like